Friday, May 18, 2012

Color Scheme


Did a good amount of painting today and yesterday, and I thought it might be nice to share the new paint scheme. While I used to shy away from bright colors while painting, preferring black, then a shade of dark blue, then my old purple scheme, I decided I'd switch it up and try colors that really pop this time.
I started with a tan primer, then followed it with a layer of Iyanden Darksun foundation to cover where I missed. This was in turn followed by Burnished gold, to brighten it up, and then drybrushed over with Shining Gold, which gave it a nice tan look that wasn't overbearing. Blood Red was then applied to a few areas to draw the eye and bring the model to life. Finally, since I never liked having models that were too sleek, I used Devlan Mud wash to make the model look weathered and textured on the front of the chassis.

I'm pretty sure this will be the scheme I stick with for the majority of 6th edition. It's a nice change, and it makes my shoddily constructed models look a bit more professional. It also has the added bonus of contrasting, but not outright clashing with, the darker colors of the Scythes of the Emperor, who I might pick up if the rumors of allies actually comes to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment